• 1 pound halibut or other meaty white fish fillets
• Juice of 2 limes
• 1 (11 oz.) can whole tomatillos, drained
• 4 small zucchini, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
• 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more to taste
• 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Place fish in a medium sized bowl and drizzle with half of the lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Squeeze juice and flesh from tomatillos into a medium bowl; discard the skin. Mash with a fork and add zucchini, the remaining lime juice, cilantro and 2 teaspoons salt. Toss together.
3. Spread the tortillas on baking sheets and warm in the oven for about 10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cayenne pepper and ½ teaspoon of salt. Remove fish from lime juice and cover with spice rub. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook about 4 minutes on each side. Break fish into bite sized pieces and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Put fish, salsa and avocado slices in warmed tortillas and enjoy!